Thursday, May 17, 2012

The tips of the four fingers on my left hand feel slight pain every time I press lightly against them, beneath a layer of semi-hardened skin. I have thoughts of subjecting them to more forms of labour to gain the desired hardness. I felt satisfaction when they hurt, while I was making them grab cereal squares, the hard corners they have to meet. More pain means they'll grow thicker. I am thinking, perhaps other forms of self-inflicted pain aren't as complicated as we think they are. Simply, pain is the process of a certain form of satisfaction, and pain is equated to satisfaction. We all have different forms of satisfaction anyway. (This is supposed to be a "screwed up thought").

The other fingers on videos seem to slide across the frets so easily, I wish mine would do the same soon. I hope they would grow thick and numb to pain and with their newly acquired body shape, dance across the metal strings with ease as well. This is the story of how my fingers took a long break during my A's, and had to wait a month  for the broken guitar to return even after they were free. I think my piano feels neglected now, but there are other things I have to attend to too.

No comments: